If you have any questions or concerns about your personal data, you can contact us here: email@example.com.
Controller of personal information
Notch Communications Limited (9 Charlotte Street, M1 4ET) is data controller of personal information collected and processed through the Notch Communications website (https://notchcommunications.co.uk)
What information is collected?
Notch Communications collects information about all visitors to its website. Notch Communications use this information to understand more about where its site traffic comes from. However, this information does not contain any identifiable personal information about the visitor. The information that is collected tells us which pages are visited, for how long each page is viewed and the paths that a visitor takes within the website, as well as other general information such as your screen settings.
How and why Notch Communications collects your information
Under data protection law, Notch Communications can only use your Personal Information if Notch Communications has a proper reason for doing so, which includes: complying with its legal and regulatory obligations; for its legitimate interests (see below) or those of a third party, for the performance of its contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract; and if you have provided consent.
A legitimate interest is when Notch Communications has a reason to use your Personal Information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. Notch Communications makes sure that it considers and balances any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights, before Notch Communications processes your Personal Information for its legitimate interests. Notch Communications does not use your Personal Information for activities where its interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless Notch Communications has your consent or is otherwise required to or permitted by law).
Notch Communications obtains personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, meetings and documents.
Notch Communications also obtains personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit its website.
How long does Notch Communications keep your personal information?
Notch Communications reviews its retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. Notch Communications is legally required to hold some types of information for certain prescribed periods to fulfil its statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, Notch Communications will hold your personal data on its systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which Notch Communications uses it, or in accordance with any retention periods set out in any relevant contract held.
How does Notch Communications use your personal information?
Notch Communications may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
- Notch Communications may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, and communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests. Notch Communications’ legal basis for this use is its legitimate interests – namely carrying out activities in the course of its business in response to enquiries or requests.
- Notch Communications may use your name and email address to provide you with information regarding similar services to those you have already enquired about or purchased. Notch Communications’ legal basis for this use is its legitimate interests – namely the ongoing marketing of its services to individuals with whom Notch Communications has an existing relationship in connection with our services and/or who have expressed an interest in those services.
- Notch Communications may use your name, email address and postal address to send you marketing communications, if you have chosen to receive these. These may include information about new services, website features, industry news, promotions or offers. Notch Communications’ legal basis for this use is consent. Notch Communications may use the information that it automatically collects through its website to:
- Inform the Notch Communications website in matters of troubleshooting, diagnostics, testing, research and statistical purposes. Notch Communications uses Google Analytics, a third-party website monitoring tool. This is covered in its legitimate interests, for monitoring the use of our software and IT systems in order to improve the website.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of its own advertising activity. Notch Communications’ legal basis for this use is its legitimate interests – namely for improving the relevancy of its advertising.
Who has access to information?
Notch Communications will not sell or rent your information to third parties. When third party service providers are used, Notch Communications only discloses the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. Notch Communications has a contract in place that requires it to keep your information secure and otherwise use your information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
In addition to the specific disclosures set out in this section, Notch Communications may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. This compliance is in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or for the establishment, the exercising or defending of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
Your data rights
In this section, the rights that you have under data protection law have been summarised for you. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in the interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You have the right:
- To object and stop Notch Communications from processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, Notch Communications will immediately stop processing your personal information for this purpose. When Notch Communications collects your data, you can choose whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our emails.
- To access any information about you that Notch Communications holds and certain information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it.
- In certain circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal information Notch Communications holds about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To rectification of the information Notch Communications hold about you.
- In certain circumstances, to restrict Notch Communications processing of your personal information or object to us processing it. If you object, Notch Communications will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply.
- Where Notch Communications’ legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent or the performance of a contract, Notch Communications processes it by automated means, to be provided with the personal information Notch Communications holds about you in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit the information to another controller.
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affecting you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, Notch Communications will stop the relevant processing, but it will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
To exercise any of these rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Notch Communications, 9 Charlotte Street, Manchester, M1 4ET, UK.
Security precautions in place to protect your information
Notch Communications takes all appropriate precautions to secure your personal information and eliminate worry of its loss, alteration or misuse. All information provided to us is stored on a secure server. Notch Communications will never ask you for password information and asks you not to share a password with anyone.
Notch Communications cannot guarantee the security of data sent between Notch Communications over the internet due to the insecurity of transmission of inadequately or entirely unencrypted data.
Notch Communications and Cookies
Cookies allow Notch Communications to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow remembrance of what links and pages you have visited or viewed during a session. This helps to deliver a better, more personalised service to you. If you prefer not to allow cookies, it is possible to switch them off in your browser preferences and settings.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. Notch Communications is not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites. You should read the privacy policies of these organisations before providing them with any personal information.
Review of this Policy
Notch Communications keeps this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 19 May 2020.
Managing Communication Preferences
If you have opted in to any email marketing communications (or where permitted by law, if you have provided us with your contact information), Notch Communications may send you emails or other communications regarding services, industry news, promotions or offers. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions. These instructions are given in the form of the communication you received or by submitting an opt-out request to the contact information set forth in the How to Contact Us section below.
Emails: To opt out of receiving any marketing communications via email, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email that was sent to you or submit an opt-out request to us, which will be immediately carried out. The contact information set for this is set out in the ‘Get In Touch’ section below.
Get in Touch
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please contact us by writing to us at:
9 Charlotte Street
Emailing us at: email@example.com
If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with this Policy, please first contact us. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with this Policy.
If you feel that your data have not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), who is our ‘lead supervisory authority’ under data protection law. That means they are the data protection regulator with primary responsibility for overseeing our compliance with data protection law. You can contact them by calling: +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or go online to https://ico.org.uk (opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
This website, www.notchcommunications.co.uk (the “Website”), is operated by Notch Communications.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web browser to allow Notch Communications or a third party to recognize you. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites, including on Notch Communications’ website.
Cookies might be used for the following purposes:
- Enabling certain functions
- Providing analytics
- Storing your preferences
- Enabling ad delivery and behavioural advertising
Notch Communications uses both session and persistent cookies.
A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our website. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our website. We use these cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, such as when you log into our website.
A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie if you asked that we keep you signed in.
What are your cookies options?
If you don’t like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of your browser.